Friday

Frames in Focus: Sansovino Frames Exhibition




I visited the National Gallery last week to see the Frames in Focus: Sansovino Frames exhibition. It was nicely presented and in a good central location within the museum. Unfortunately photographs were not allowed inside the exhibition, however a beautifully illustrated catalogue is available in the National Gallery shop. I believe and hope that this will be the first in a series of exhibitions dedicated to frame styles, and will help to make the importance of frames known to more people. I enjoyed the exhibition, however I am very interested in frames so it does not take much to please me. I spent about 25 minutes looking at the frames and quite a few members of the public walked in while I was in there, most looked a little uninterested and confused as to where the paintings were and walked out within seconds. A number did take the time to look round, so that was encouraging. The exhibition runs to the 13th September 2015 so still plenty of time to see it if you are visiting London.