Monday

How I started framing....in brief

Sometimes customers ask how I got into framing, or how long I have been working as a framer. They are quite surprised to hear that I have been doing it full time for 18 years (this summer), especially as I don't really look as old as I am! I began framing when I left school at 16, where I started working as an apprentice in my Dad's print galleries and framing business.
I wanted to very briefly and without too much fuss, mark the importance of his influence on my work and business
 as he passed away on the 23rd January 2012. I very much doubt I would have ever got into framing had he not opened his first gallery back in 1984. So for this I am very grateful, to have had the opportunity to do a job that is interesting, enjoyable, and that I am reasonably good at is a real joy.
He was not a picture framer himself but liked the art and framing business and owned a number of galleries over the years, selling open and limited edition prints. His business was sold off in 1998 and 4 years later I started up my own little framing business.
OK, back to the frames and what we do at the workshop, of which he was very proud.